When it comes to smartwatches, people prefer android watches. There two primary options available for them Google WearOS, and Samsung watches based on Tizen OS. Likewise, Android and Apple smartwatches both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Before purchasing the smartwatch, it is equally important to read about its features first. We have spent our pretty time on deciding whether our users go for Wear OS or Tizen OS. In this blog, we are going to tell you why Wear OS is comparatively better than Tizen or vice versa.
A brief description of Wear OS:
The Wear OS watches, formerly known as Android watches. Wear OS comes with many impressive features. The company doesn’t need to worry about the hardware because Google has done it for them. Google’s name is associated with this watch. Therefore, there will be no space for errors.
For several years, Google has been working on optimizing the software. As it comes with the right software, you can take the benefit of the Google play store. You can download Youtube, Maps, Spotify, and other apps.
The WearOS smartwatches come with traditional features, such as 3G, LTE, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. As well as some other impressive features. When it comes to durability, the Wear OS smartwatches come in the first place. The ease of use of this platform increases its demand in the market. In addition, cost-effectiveness makes Wear OS-based apps popular.
A brief description of Tizen OS:
Tizen is a Linux based, open operating system. When you wear a Tizen operating system based smartwatch, you will get the same experience as the apple watches. When it comes to better software, Tizen operating system based smartwatches are comparatively better than Wear OS watches. Moreover, this software is also used in Samsung smartphones.
If you are not a Samsung user, then you will face some difficulty while using it. The first drawback is the lack of Google play store. Therefore you can miss out on some apps. However, Samsung is constantly working on this software to make it compatible with the Google algorithm.
The key difference between Wear OS and Tizen OS smartwatches:
- Tizen is the lightweight operating system. Therefore, the speed of its watches is faster than WearOS.
- When it comes to design, equally identical to Android Wear OS smartwatches.
- Tizen laid out a status bar similar to the Wear OS.
- When compared to the Wear OS, the Tizen OS scrolling is smooth.
- The processor of Tizen OS is 64-bit which is still under development in WearOS.
- Due to the unavailability of the Google play store, you can miss out on the apps. And the Google play store is available in Wear OS.
- Tizen OS software is lacking in providing the facility of action buttons.
- The significant difference between Tizen and Wear OS is the theming system.
Tizen OS is an open-source operating system, and the layout is similar to Wear OS. The only drawback which has been found in Tizen OS is the lack of Google play store. If Google play store and notification features are very preference, then you should go for Wear OS platform based smartwatches. Otherwise, Tizen OS is the best for you.